Friday, October 9, 2009

Oggi's Pizza


Can southern California support yet another pizza joint that caters to families and friends? The answer is yes!

A-

Oggi's Pizza is a small chain of privately owned restaurants located in the So Cal area. With a diverse population of pizza joints as popular as CPK and BJ's it's a wonder that a small place like Oggi's can survive! Yet, it does an exceptional job in providing amazing service, great pricing, a welcoming environment, and awesome pizza!

When you want to watch a game or hang out with some friends some pizza joints can fill up quickly and you can definitely get the cold shoulder. However, this restaurant is kind of like Cheers...it seems like everyone knows your name (they don't), but it can be that type of place that regulars can meet. There are flat screen TVs everywhere showcasing the most popular sport games from around the nation. Even while I was there during the USC football game, it wasn't too terribly crowded to the point of unbearable.

I know that some places the atmosphere is great, but the food and service is forgettable. However, that is not the case with this joint. We ordered this salad type pizza (okay I'll admit that I forgot the name), and even though I didn't like all the toppings, I enjoyed the cheese and bacon that was left over. There is picture of it above. Not overly crunchy, but just the right mix of thickness and softness that I enjoy in a pizza. It's a perfect amount of sauce and cheese that just yells this was made with fresh ingredients and cooked to perfection.

The servers were very friendly, and they made sure that my drinks were never empty. I think I got three Coke refills without even asking! Then the dessert they offered was delicious (I got the cinnamon twists to share) and they gave us the warning about how large it would be. It was a great treat.

My only desire is that they would build more places like these. However, in that case, this place might lose it's charm. So if you're in the area, this is definitely a place to check out. My special thanks to Joe for suggesting that I try this one out.

2 comments:

  1. Good review. The pizza we ordered was the Triathalon Pizza - deliciousness from start to finish! The toppings consist of bacon, shredded lettuce and tomatoes, avocados, and ranch dressing. My favorite pizza so far there... but then again I only went there twice and that's the only pizza I have ever ordered.

    Don't forget about the Wonton nachos - a perfect blend between Mexican and Asian food influences all stacked on a large plate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, how could I forget about those?! Thanks TT.

    Those were delicious! I never had nachos like that before. The Wonton sauce mixed with the other meats and salsa made for a good combo!

    ReplyDelete